Connect with us

News

Human Rights NGO Issues Public Distress Call

Published

on

 

 

 

In a public distress call, the Chairman of the CENTRE for Human Rights and Democracy in Africa, Barrister Nkongho Felix has issued a distress call on the whereabouts of Dzelafen Delphine Kinyuy. The Chairman of the NGO in parts wrote “Dzelafen Delphine Kinyuy, a 31 year old lady, residing in Kumba, has been missing since October 1, 2017.
The military went to her home in search for her husband Njilah Jones. As a result of his absence, his wife was arrested, and the military said, she would be released only after her husband turns himself in.Delphine was able to call her family on October 2, 2017 but since then, no sign of her alive and no known location of detention”. The NGO has started the compilation of all persons missing and calls on those with information to send to admin@chrda.org BaretaNews holds it on high authority that with the number of mass graves in Buea and arbitrarily killings, arrest elsewhere, this lady must have been killed and dumped elsewhere. This is the fate that has befallen Southern Cameroonians.

Below is the full communique

A FAMILY IN DISTRESS.
Dzelafen Delphine Kinyuy, a 31 year old lady, residing in Kumba, has been missing since October 1, 2017.
The military went to her home in search for her husband Njilah Jones. As a result of his absence, his wife was arrested, and the military said, she would be released only after her husband turns himself in.
Delphine was able to call her family on October 2, 2017 but since then, no sign of her alive and no known location of detention.

Her family visited all prisons from the Kumba Central Prison, to the Buea Central Prison, SED Yaounde, and Kondengui Central Prison Yaounde, still no sign of her.With stories of several persons killed and missing, her family and friends are increasingly worried, in distress and in pain.

The government MUST provide information on her location and why she was arrested, likewise for all persons missing. She is one out of many who have gone missing, since the October 1 massacre. It is time for us to compile a list of names of all those missing following the September 22 and October 1 military violence. If you have information about someone missing following the military crackdown, kindly email these details with all the facts and identification details. Email: admin@chrda.org

—Agbor Nkongho
Founder and Chairman, CENTRE for Human Rights and Democracy in Africa.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
4 Comments

4 Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

SUBSCRIBE & SUPPORT

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Support BaretaNews by making a small donation to sponsor our activities.

0
    0
    Your Cart
    Your cart is emptyReturn to Shop