The Interim Government of the Federal Republic of Ambazonia Assertion on Mr. Biya’s Provocative Decree “Releasing” 289 Ambazonia Detainees.
The Interim Government of the Federal Republic of Ambazonia expresses total disappointment in regards to the deceitful and unjust decree issued on Thursday, 13th December 2018, by French Cameroun President, Paul Biya. The decree ordered the discontinuance of some pending cases at their military tribunal in relation to 289 Southern Cameroonians/Ambazonians unjustly abducted since the beginning of the ongoing conflict in Southern Cameroons/Ambazonia.
The Interim Government considers the decree as a sign of confusion within the Yaoundé regime, and a big provocation to the peaceful people of Ambazonia, considering that there are more than 3,000 citizens from Ambazonia in different detention centres and prisons across French Cameroun and within the occupied territory of Ambazonia. Some of these victims have already been convicted and imprisoned on trumped-up charges.
The Interim Government has observed that the obnoxious decree talked of releasing some people who committed misdemeanors (minor offenses), whereas the Yaoundé regime is not holding any Ambazonian for charges less than treason and acts of terrorism with death penalties hanging over their heads. Moreover, after reviewing the lists of purported detainees released by French Cameroun, the following irregularities were observed:
1. Names of deceased Ambazonians who died in prison as a result of the inhumane treatment by French Cameroun were on the list.
#41 – Wolen Vitalis
#43 – Wirsiy Frederic
2. According to family sources, some detainees who were supposedlyreleasedpreciselyfromtheBafoussam Central Prison were never abducted or jailed.
a. Achankeng Fidelis
b. Ninju Felix
3. A sizeable number of the supposed detainees released are citizens from French Cameroun, not Ambazonians and definitely had no connection with the ongoing conflict.
4. At the Yaoundé Central Prison (Kondengui), of the 82 detainees enlisted for release, only 63 were actually released.
The Interim Government hereby concludes that the decree is a covert, conceived manipulative plan, aimed at deceiving the international community that the brutal dictator Mr. Paul Biya is taking measures to end the war he declared on the people of Ambazonia over a year ago. His soldiers still continue to kill unarmed Ambazonia civilians indiscriminately and burn down entire villages.
The Interim Government reiterates its position on what must be done for peaceful coexistence between Ambazonia and its French Cameroun neighbor:
1. Mr. Paul Biya who declared war must call for a unilateral ceasefire and withdraw his troops from Ambazonia.
2. Mr. Paul Biya must release everyone abducted, including our President SisikuJuliusAyukTabe, his cabinet and all others abducted in connection with the conflict.
3. Mr. Paul Biya should abide to the suggestions of the UN Security Council briefing on the Central African Sub-region on Thursday, 13th December 2018; demanding a call for an”ALL INCLUSIVE”dialogue and negotiations with all stakeholders in the presence of a credible third party like the African Union (AU) Peace and security council, The African Commission itself, the united nations(UN)and countries such as the United States of America, Canada Australia, Finland, Sweden etc.
The Interim Government of the Federal Republic of Ambazonia calls on all its citizens to remain vigilant and steadfast as we continue our unstoppable match to Buea, the capital of Ambazonia.