ADF Urgent Press Briefing
(November 5, 2018) — We’ve learned about today’s kidnapping of at least 18 school kids in a Presbyterian school in Nkwen, a war-ravaged community in Bamenda, capital of Ambazonia’s northern state. This is an unacceptable act of terror. We condemn it in strongest terms, and call for their immediate and unconditional release.
The Ambazonia Defense Forces have been ordered to comb all localities where the kids could plausibly be held hostage. We invite the US and UK military to assist us in the ground operations in the search for these innocent kids. Women and children must be unconditionally protected at all times.
As efforts intensify to uncover their hideout, we have several clues that loyalists to neighboring President and Terrorist, Paul Biya, are deeply responsible for the kidnap:
1. It is a mass distraction tactic staged by Paul Biya’s terrorists to pull national and international public attention away from the official swearing-in of president-elect Paul Biya in a few hours from now. He faces a huge domestic protest against his re-election into office after spending nearly 40 years in power.
2. The kidnappers all speak in French-pidgin and with very heavy French accents. Our English-pidgin is unique and very easy to identify if spoken by an Anglophone. We do not have Francophones as “Amba boys.” Francophones fight against “Amba boys.”
3. Consistently, all 18 kids clearly state that: “We were kidnapped by Amba boys.” First, this means they have been forced to rehearse that line. Second, how do they know that they are Amba boys, if not told to do so?
4. All the kids are Anglophones with Anglophone parents. It is a clear attempt to pit Anglophone parents against our genuine struggle and also make us look horrible in the eyes of the international community. Our schools have been infiltrated by mostly Francophones. What is the probability that 18 or 78 randomly kidnapped kids among a school of Anglophones and Francophones are all Anglophones?
5. There is no incentive for “Amba boys” to KIDNAP our own kids. One could have expected that all kids were Francophones instead. Why would any Ambazonian want to inflict more pain on our own kids?
Again, all the kids must be unconditionally released by their kidnappers.
Tapang Ivo Tanku, Spokesman of the Ambazonia Defense Forces.