Barrister Agbor Nkongho Balla has described to the US Congress the ten classifications of genocide detailing the actions by La Republique forces on Southern Cameroonians thereby fitting the fact that indeed a genocide is ongoing. At the tenth point Balla writes “Cameroon, several credible international organisations and the international community are still in denial of what is happening. It is worth recalling that the government of Cameroon has refused to provide access to the UNHCR for investigations and Red Cross. It is among the surest indicators of further genocidal massacres. Alleged mass graves have been discovered in many localities in the Anglophone Regions (Tinto, Kwakwa, Mbonge, Lebialem, Munyenge, Batibo, Bali etc). The recent killings of 34 in Santa (Menka-Pinyin) is a crystal example where every person on the scene was killed and the only survivor who was later taken to the hospital due to bullet wounds was pulled out of hospital by the military with his two brothers and executed. Leaving no trace of what happened. If we still think this is not a planned and coordinated genocide, then what else can it be? ” This was made on July 27h, 2018 in a written statement presented to United States congress. Continue reading Balla’s take
Human Rights Abuses
Over the last 5 months, the armed conflict between both belligerents have given rise to several human rights abuses. While the government of Cameroon bears a huge responsibility including several crimes considered against humanity, armed groups have also committed several crimes.
As confirmed by the US Ambassador to Cameroon, Peter Henry Barlerin, the government has burned down entire about 87 villages, burned down houses with several old people burnt to death, shot civilians, targeted killings, torture and several cases of extrajudicial execution. Meanwhile, armed groups have kidnapped several administrators and traditional rulers, burned administrative buildings and schools, killed several people in revenge killings for allegedly cooperating with the government, collected ransom in exchange for freedom and killed government soldiers.
The Centre for Human Rights and Democracy in Africa has documented thousands of cases including testimonies from victims. We are willing to share these confidential reports with Congress, Foreign Affairs Committee and the subcommittee.
Risk of Imminent Genocide
Some people in the Anglophone regions had long declared that there is a genocide happening in Cameroon and yes, there are signs of a genocide. The fact that people are indiscriminately killed just because they are English speakers points clearly that there is a risk that genocide is imminent. If we go by Amnesty International’s report and the declarations of US Ambassador to Cameroon, Peter Henry Barlerin, it is safe to say that the conflict in Southern Cameroons have more ingredients of a genocide.
Looking at the 10 stages of a genocide as defined by Gregory H. STANTON, we can easily notice that these stages are already evident with the crisis:
1. CLASSIFICATIONS: People are divided in the crisis as “us” against “them”.
2. SYMBOLISATION: People are forced to identify themselves. We give names as Anglophones, Biafra, Bamenda, separatists, terrorist, extremist, etc;
3. DISCRIMINATION: A dominant group uses law, custom, and political power to deny the rights of other groups. That is what the majority led French central Government is doing on the minority Anglophones using the anti-terrorism law.
4. DEHUMANISATION: One group denies the humanity of the other. This has been seen on several occasions. The governor of the Southwest region referred to Anglophone protesters as Dogs. Even journalists on a local TV station have in a generalised manner called Anglophones as rats;
5. ORGANISATION: Genocide is always organised, usually by the state, often using militias to provide deniability of state responsibility. In Cameroon, the BIR is a specialised ethnic unit for this task. Trained and equipped by the Israelites and US governments respectively. We have seen anti-terrorism equipment given by the US used on armless civilians in the Anglophone regions.
6. POLARISATION: The government broadcast propaganda to turn the population against Anglophones. This is very particular of state television CRTV and Vision 4 television where Francophones are invited to debate about the Anglophone problem. The obvious is that they rain insults and derogatory statements towards Anglophones with impunity.
7. PREPARATION: They often use euphemisms to cloak their intentions, such as referring to their goals as “counter-terrorism.” They have built armies, bought weapons and trained their troops and militias to fight “Terrorist”. But who are these terrorist?
8. PERSECUTION: Beginning of murders, theft of property, trials and massacres like we have seen in Menka Pinyin and recently in Mbengwi;
9. EXTERMINATION: When it is sponsored by the state, the armed forces often work with militias to do the killing. Sometimes the genocide results in revenge killings by groups against each other, creating the downward whirlpool-like cycle of bilateral genocide (as in Burundi). Already dead bodies are dismembered; rape is used as a tool of war to genetically alter and eradicate the other group. Destruction of cultural and religious property is employed to annihilate the group’s existence from history. This is the case of the over 87 villages burnt down with ancestral and sacred places destroyed. We have seen images of the military killing and displaying human remains as a sign of victory as to say, we have killed the animals.
10. DENIAL: Cameroon, several credible international organisations and the international community are still in denial of what is happening. It is worth recalling that the government of Cameroon has refused to provide access to the UNHCR for investigations and Red Cross. It is among the surest indicators of further genocidal massacres. Alleged mass graves have been discovered in many localities in the Anglophone Regions (Tinto, Kwakwa, Mbonge, Lebialem, Munyenge, Batibo, Bali etc). The recent killings of 34 in Santa (Menka-Pinyin) is a crystal example where every person on the scene was killed and the only survivor who was later taken to the hospital due to bullet wounds was pulled out of hospital by the military with his two brothers and executed. Leaving no trace of what happened. If we still think this is not a planned and coordinated genocide, then what else can it be?
BY Agbor Nkongho
To be continued
Mancho Bibixy: OF Peaceful One Who Preach Injustice And Regime Designated Terrorist-Video
This Sunday morning, we pay homage to Bibixy Mancho, a man of peace, a human rights defender, a man who denounced the poor working conditions of LRC’s policemen. Mancho decried injustice against all. But today, the very same people who he protected from and angry, marginalised people have turned around to massacre our people.
He said, ‘the police are here to protect you… even the police are suffering these same things …’ .
Mancho held a bible and preached peace and development. LRC to thank him declared him a terrorist.
Brethren, do not lose hope. Falter not. The testimony of Mancho’s case is one powerful justification among hundreds of others. Our people have suffered. We have throughout this informal union with Yaounde paid the top prize to make that country work. We paid with the blood of our fathers, mothers, children and friends. Our communities were robbed of our resources. We’ve been tortured. We’re broken like clay pots. We gave them education, resources, a proper language, political freedoms, human rights … we showed them the route to another world far apart from scams Paris had locked them in.
Mancho during early days of protest
Today they call us terrorists. Isn’t it funny? The same fellows who organised a genocide against bamilekes and bassas, a fratricide which prompted our statesmen from West Cameroon to invest all their political capital to save their people. We hosted thousands of their refugees and protected them from the bloody hands of Yaounde and Paris. … Our formidable hospitality created what they refer to as the 11th province.
Brethren, we bring you these thoughts so you can remember the nature of the heart of the Yaounde regime.
Be not troubled. God has seen their treachery. He has seen how your good heart overflowing with kindness has been repaid repeatedly with evil. Southern Cameroons Ambazonia, the Lord has decided to free you.
On this day of the Lord, pray for heroes whose blood is bearing the land, pray for the mourning nation of Ambazonia, pray for recent martyrs like Rev Fr Sob, pray for our mothers who are now also our fathers, pray for our people competing for space with animals in the bush, pray for our leaders in colonial jail – Sisiku Ayuk Tabe Julius and his cabinet, pray for those who currently lead us and those who are actively defending our human rights on the ground and our right to #SelfDetermination.
Do not be afraid.
MURDER OF A PRIEST: IT WAS NOT A STRAY BULLET OR CROSSFIRE
The ‘Anglophone’ Community is still in shock following the death of Rev. Father Alexander Sob, Parish Priest of Bomaka Local Government Area, Buea Diocese, Fako County. Father Sob passed on to glory yesterday in Muyuka Local Government Area as a result of gunshots. The Catholic church Vicar General Father Asek this morning released a statement announcing the death of Father Sob indicating that he was shot without details as to whose bullets did Father Sob bowed out of this earth. However, the how and the ways he died is still dangling in the tongues of the people of Ambazonia, Christians and family members as many versions are coming up. Ray Timah, Southern Cameroons Political Scientist presents an accurate eyewitness account which indicates Father Sob was deliberately shot at by La Republique Du Cameroun Soldiers. Ray Timah was speaking to a Muyuka Denizen who drove Father Sob to the hospital as he gave up the ghost. You may want to read on
IT WAS NOT A STRAY BULLET OR CROSSFIRE.
Father Sob was shot at close range by the Military. I have spoken to an eyewitness who gave a vivid account about the incident. He maintained that Father Sob was no where near his Mothers house at the time of the unfortunate incident. Rev. had stopped in front of popular store known as ” CY STORE” around the Muyuka main park. His intention was to wait for the tense atmosphere between the Military and restoration forces to die down as gunshots could be heard from afar.
A few minutes later, a group of military men approaches his parked car and asked him to take down his windscreen. In the course of doing that, an officer open fire directly to his chest. Note that he was shot twice at two different positions through the screen on the drivers side. They shot him and left and the owner of the shop who had taken cover as a result of the gunshot attempted to rescue Father Sob.
He was moved to the passenger side of the same car he was shot in and transported to the hospital which was already late.
The Eyewitness added..” Nothing occurred like a stray bullet or crossfire. As a matter of fact, no exchange of gunfire was around CY store at the time of the incident. The area was a safe zone at the time, that is why Rev chose to park there for his safety. He was murdered. It was intentional. The position of the two bullet wounds could be seen on his right and left side of his chest. That tells a lot.”
What caught my attention
The picture on the Facebook wall of Father Sob caught my attention. You can see him smiling directly behind Jacque Fame Ndongo during a celebration in Sasse . He never knew he was standing behind one the devil behind this war that cut his life short.
Rest in Peace Father.
Southern Cameroons Revolutionary Leaders Condemn Human Rights Watch Report On Cameroons Crisis
Southern Cameroons Revolutionary Leaders have condemned and criticised the recently release human rights reports in the ongoing war between La Republique Du Cameroun and the Federal Republic of Ambazonia. Dr. Ayaba Cho Lucas in a statement said the Human Rights Watch is a MOCKERY of investigative reporting. Meanwhile Dr. Akwanga Ebenezer described the Human Rights Watch as becoming ‘The Holy See’ of 2018, mimicking the Vatican whom during the course of World War II, erroneously sided with the Holocaust chief Architect, Adolf Hitler. To Dr. Akwanga, the Human Right Watch is tacitly siding with a tyrannical octogenarian whose penchant for Ambazonia blood holds no frontier!. BaretaNews brings to you details of their statements
OFFICE OF THE LEADER AMBAZONIA GOVERNING COUNCIL
Dear Soldiers of the Revolution,
The Human Rights Watch Report is a mockery of investigative reporting. It is hollow and paints a deminitive perspective of the brutality of the occupation. There is an ongoing genocide in Ambazonia characterized by acts of systematic brutality, torture and war crimes. All of these crimes are well documented and should get Biya and his Generals to an international Criminal institution. The Ambazonia Governing Council will be presenting counterfactuals to challenge the report and its unacceptable recommendations.
For more than 150 years, others have insisted to speak for us. First it was the British, then the Germans and then the British again and later Nigeria and then Cameroon. We have never had the chance to speak for ourselves and to represent our interest. We will henceforth speak for ourselves, paint our own reality and build and defend our own narratives. We have never been Cameroonians and so we are not separating from Cameroon. We are not Restorationist either, for Fon Dinka already restored our independence; affirmed in 1999 by Justice Ebong and cemented in 2017 by Seseko Ayuk Tabe. We are defending this independence and we will do so until the last Cameroon soldier and administrators are bundled out of Homeland.
Yesterday l watched a video wherein more than 1500 Ambazonian men, women, children, dance groups received the supreme General of the Ambazonia Defence Forces and and the installation of commanders of different brigades. The silent majority has started showing its power in the land of their birth. Ambazonia is finally ours and we must defend it to the bitter end. The promise of a better tomorrow in a land of equal opportunity and a responsible and accountable government based on the people’s consent is becoming a reality in our lifetime. It is all thanks to the unshakable resolve and focus of the NeverAgain Generation.
The defence of the homeland must remain our top priority. We must continue to make Ambaland ungovernable, increase the cost of the occupation and ensure that in the coming months no alien government and its collaborators dare attempt to use our territory for any electoral charade. As we strive for the recognition of our independence and statehood, taking control of territory must instruct the development of our strategies.I congratulate our people for initiating and enduring a few more days of ghost towns and the daring of our Defence Forces in enforcing the laws of the Homeland.I call on all of you who have doubted our unshakable resolve, questioned our strategy and contemplated our readiness to liberate and bequeath to the next generation a better country than we inherited to join me in this last phase of our struggle.
PHASE 4 in my mind.
God should protect all of you still standing and lift all those struggling so together as a people we should get to the promise land.
Dr. CHO AYABA
Leader Ambazonia Governing Council
SOLDIER OF THE REVOLUTION
Dr. Akwanga Ebenezer reacts
Shallow misunderstanding from people of goodwill (Human Rights Watch) especially in times of enormous crisis like the situation in my Homeland is outrightly outrageous and worse than blatant lies from people of bad faith (La Republique du Cameroun). During the course of World War II, the Vatican erroneously sided with the Holocaust chief Architect, Adolf Hitler. Today, through it’s latest ‘report’, Human Rights Watch has become ‘The Holy See’ of 2018, tacitly siding with a tyrannical octogenarian whose penchant for Ambazonia blood holds no frontier! SOCADEF, the SCYL and Ambazonians will not be cowed by malicious intentions of a human rights watchdog whose activities have only encouraged barbaric rulership, annexation and assimilation in the continent of Africa for decades. We will stand up to you! DR. EBENEZER D. AKWANGA
- Politics10 months ago
Southern Cameroons October 1st Massacre: Cohabitation Is Done
- Breaking News9 months ago
Exclusive: General Ivo May Have Defected The Cameroun Army- Source
- Breaking News7 months ago
Ambazonia President, 9 Others Arrested In Nigeria, BaretaNews Condemns
- Breaking News11 months ago
Breaking News: United Nations Offers Its Office To Mediate In Dialogue
- News10 months ago
Civil society in South Africa picks the Southern Cameroons Case
- News11 months ago
Cardinal Tumi Comes Out: Says No Union Between Both Cameroons, Says Foumban Conference Were Wine Drinkers
- News10 months ago
AU on October 1st Genocide: Calls For Respect of borders at Independence
- News12 months ago
UN Calls On Biya To Address The Root Cause Of the “Anglophone Problem”