THE NORTH WEST – SOUTH WEST PEACE COMMISSION IS A MASSIVE FRAUD!
Ever since LRC waged war against the people of Southern Cameroons for simply expressing our sad sentiments against marginalization and annexation, La Republique Du Cameroun (LRC) has refused to listen to calls from all over the world for an all-inclusive dialogue that addresses the rout causes of the conflict without preconditions as the best solution to end the ongoing conflict.
Instead, we have seen them apply only cosmetic solutions with intent to continue the war because it is benefitting a few privileged people at the expense of the innocent majority, including women and children.
And these cosmetic measures have by extension started to pose a serious threat to peace and security not only in the Greater Lakes Region but also the national security interest of the United States of America in particular and the international community at large.
LRC cannot confuse or deceive American and the international community again that they can resolve this conflict peacefully, (the sweet sounding name of newly created “commission for peace,” notwithstanding).
It is therefore, parochial for anyone to think that by forming the “North West – South West Peace Commission” (safely referred to as a scam and a fraud, will botch or kill the US led “Peace Plan” to resolve the conflict in Cameroon. No, it won’t be botched. The international community led by the USA already arrived at the sad conclusion that the problems in the Cameroons are bigger than the Republic of Camerooun.
That is why many people see this newly created commission as a massive fraud and scam. Since the war started none of the so called members of the NW/SW Peace Commission ever commented or protested against it, or provided any material assistance to IDPs or SC refugees. It is therefore, not hard for any rational person to figure out that the creation of this peace commission was done in bad faith. It is a calculated attempt to counter anything good that the US Assistant Secretary of State, Tibor Nagy has in stock to find a peaceful resolution to the ongoing conflict.
It is everyone’s guess that the Yaoundé regime knows already Washington is going to tell them regarding their crimes against humanity and lack of competence in resolving such an existential conflict that started brewing since 1961 and showed its ugly face in 1972 following the declaration of Cameroon as a unitary state by Amadou Ahidjo.
The creation of this NW-SW Peace Commission is seen also as a last minute scramble and desperate attempt by the Yaoundé regime to buy more time and continue with their money making war. America and the international community are therefore, left with no option than to step in now to end this war and find a lasting solution to the common existential problem between LRC and Southern Cameroons.
BETWEEN WHO AND WHO IS THE COMMISION MANDATED TO MAKE PEACE?
Judging from the forgone, before any member of the NW-SW Peace Commission hit ground zero for another failed mission, can you first enlighten us between who and who your commission is mandated to make peace?
1. Is it between the people of North West and South West Regions that the regime has worked tirelessly to divide and conquer?
2. Is it between the rich elites who have now taken refuge with members of their families in Yaoundé and the members of the poor communities abandoned to be killed and bury their killed ones?
3. Is it between the Government of LRC in Yaoundé and the Government of Ambazonia in Kondengui?
4. Is it between Cameroun BIR parading all Southern Cameroons neighborhoods and the “Amba self-defense” groups protecting their lives and those of their communities?
5. Or, is it between French Cameroon and Southern Cameroons as two distinct nations with Southern Cameroons searching to break the chains of annexation?
Only after the people have received clear answers to the above questions that anyone can be convinced that this commission is not another attempt to use Anglophones to kill any dream that the people of southern Cameroons have for total freedom and independence.
THERE IS ENOUGH EVIDENCE THAT LRC HAS NO INTENTIONS TO END THIS WAR NOW!
The NW/SW Peace commission cannot claim that it will be successful because the regime in Yaoundé has no immediate plans or intentions to end this war now. It is therefore, important at this juncture to remind members of this commission that the Yaoundé regime has all it takes to end this war if they wanted but they don’t want to end it because the war guarantees a steady flow of excess income for some big men in power or near power. To put this point into proper context that the regime does not intend to solve this problem:
1. There is a Senate and parliament in Yaoundé but the regime has never allowed any debate on this war to surface in each of these so called lower and upper houses of Assembly,
2. During open and genuine dialogue with Southern Cameroon’s leaders in Bamenda, Yaoundé resorted to kidnapping Anglophone leaders and taking them to Kondengui for intimidation instead of having an honest debate on the issues;
3 It is Yaoundé declared war on the people of NW and SW and Yaoundé can still call a ceasefire but they don’t want to because the war has become a milking cow to some top regime elites;
4. Some Honorable men from the Anglophone community planned to hold an All Anglophone Conference in Buea but Government refused to grant them authorization to assemble and find lasting solutions to this conflict;
5. Dialogue is cheaper than guns and bullets but all we have seen this regime do in the past three years since this war started is form one commission after another to create new opportunities for top members of the CPDM to make more money while people are being killed every day.
That is why is submit that if the regime or those in power ever intended to resolve this conflict, how many times have some of us who have openly volunteered to help and who have had fantastic relationship with some top CPDM bigwigs or elites of our regions received a phone call to try and find a way to end this blood shed that is ravaging our communities? Simply none!!!
KEY QUESTIONS ANY DOUBTING THOMAS MAY DEMAND ANSWERS FROM MEMBERS OF NW/SW PEACE COMMISSION:
Now that everyone knows the NW/SW Commission of incompetence and confusion is powerless, crippled from birth and lacks requisite credibility to resolve this conflict, if members of said commission are still bent on undertaking this fool’s errand;
1. Can you equally tell the people on ground zero what NW/SW Senators and MPs have done with micro – project funds collected on their behalf since the war started?
2. Can you also tell the people on ground zero where you have been since the war started leaving old women to bury their dead killed by the military sent by the regime you serve?
3. Can you similarly tell the people on ground zero where you have been while villages, homes, schools, hospitals and secret places of warship are being burnt down by the military sent by the regime you serve?
4. Can you also tell the parents on ground zero where you have been while their male children are being maimed or forced to disappear and female children rapped? Maimed?
5. Can you equally tell the people on ground zero where you have been all this while Where you have been all this while hundreds of thousands of your own people, including women and children sleep in bushes or are now refugees in neighboring nations?
6. Can you also tell the people on ground zero what the Bilingualism Commission and the Disarmament Commission left undone that you can now achieve?
7. How does your commission plan to tell whoever you meet on ground zero that Yaoundé has not declared a ceasefire but you still plan to make peace on top of the fire that is still burning them?
A WORD TO A WISE IS SUFFICIENT
My dear elites and senior Anglophone brothers of the NW/SW Peace Commission, it is important for us to tell you that we love you and if you can’t answer all these questions in the affirmative, your acceptance to embark on such a dubious peace mission is criminal and unhuman and you must therefore discontinue this mission.
1. Always remember that the fool’s errand you are about to take up is a very dangerous one. After taking their time to draw up a comprehensive peace plan for Cameroon, if America arrives at the same conclusion that members of your commission knowingly and intentionally accepted to be members of a scam peace commission set up to obstruct and frustrate any attempts at resolving the ongoing conflict, you will individually and collectively be slammed with serious sanctions that could also extend to your immediate family members.
2..Even worst, if the people of Southern Cameroons conclude that you individually and collectively and with deliberate intention decided to be part of a commission by LRC carefully calculated to obstruct justice and delay their destiny you and your entire generation will never be forgotten or forgiven. Your names will boldly be written in the sad pages of the history books of Southern Cameroons quest for freedom, justice and self-determination. You are wise men and a word to a wise is sufficient.
Let me repeat, my dear elites, the “North West – South West Peace Commission” is seen by everyone as another fraud or massive fraud and scam carefully calculated to defraud or frustrate any efforts by the USA and the International community peacefully resolve this conflict and deliver the people of Southern Cameroons from the shambles of marginalization and the chains of annexation.
As a people, independence is the highest wish of our lives and God’s will for all the people of Southern Cameroons. SO be cautious how you deal with this issue because all eyes are on you guys
Even if you betray us today, God will never let us down.
Dr. David Makongo