8th October, 2017: Southern Cameroons Today: Must Read
Today makes exactly one week after the declaration of restoration of Southern Cameroons Independence. Today makes one week since when our people went out in thousands to march, sing and dance to celebrate their independence. Today makes one week of ongoing genocide in Southern Cameroons. Today, what do we still see.
1. More than 300 Southern Cameroonians are known to have died since October 1st. Buea alone saw the greatest with bullets firing from the military helicopters
2. Corpses are fished out daily in Buea, Bamenda.
3. Hundreds of our people are in the hospitals with heavy gun wounds. Some may not walk again
4. Homes are constantly being broken into, Denizens brutalised, rub in mud and abducted.
5. Southern Cameroonians are virtually living in fear
6. Majority of our youth now sleep in the bushes
7. Jails in Buea now overflows and crowded.
8. More than 2000 southern Cameroonians have been abducted since September 22nd and stocked in jails in Yaoundé, Bafoussam, Buea, Mamfe, Bamenda etc.
9. Most of our girls have been raped.
10. Mamfe is completely locked down
11. Satellites dishes are being destroyed
12. People’s properties are destroyed daily.
13. Internet shutdown in Southern Cameroons
All these 13 actions and more are carried out by the military of Paul Biya.
Why are they doing all these?
1. To kill the revolution to stop our people to rise again. September 22nd and 1st October made them to understand the language fully that we want out.
2. To incapacitate our youthful population
3. To put a dredge between home and diaspora.
4. To instil fear and show their authority
What will be their outcome? The people are resolute. The constant harassment, killings and abductions only increase the people resolve to fight more and more. The revolution cannot be broken. For one thing, most calls coming from home has one cry: Give us weapons and so shall their dreams may come true if we are not careful.
What can our people home continue to do?
1. As a result of no internet, our people must film and take photos of all atrocities being committed, safe them to expose in due time
2. The schools shutdown and Mondays Ghost Towns must continue
3. The non payment of taxes, 500 to police or gendarmes or respecting orders from colonial administrators must continue
4. Communities must form their vigilantes group and be ready for self defense empowerment.
5. Communities should visit hospitals in Buea, Muyuka, Ekona, Kumbo, Bamenda, Mamfe, Tombel, Nguty, Bangem etc to help out all those wounded.
6. They must remember never to forget the carnage from 1st October and ongoing and keep on being resolute for we can’t turn back now.
7. Be your neighbour keepers and be watchful for any francophone in your community.
Church leaders and civil society actors
1. Pray like you have never prayed before
2. All must speak the truth not political truth
3. Visit hospitals across and see the horrible situation yourself then you can know what language to use
4. Visit detention cells and see the situation then you can know what language to use.
5. Speak the truth and say the right numbers killed. Say the truth and point to the fact that corpses are being discovered in Buea daily
6. Condemn heavily Government actions. Use your power and contact international bodies also. Say the words to them as it is: Genocide.
7. Push for preconditions for dialogue to be met.
8. Call out the government directly to stop the carnage on our land.
9. Visit hospitals and detention cells to offer food, medicines etc
The Diaspora, what can we do?
1. Deep your hands in your pocket and fund self defence now than never before. Each community should raise self defence funds and contact the governing council
2. Rise up and support communities back home financially especially those in hospitals. Do that in groups and contact hospitals to reach out
3. Weekly protest in embassies and UN to call the world attention to the genocide in Southern Cameroons
4. Write and call foreign media on the plight in Southern Cameroons.
5. Call friends and people in your community to encourage them and lift up their spirits
6. Group yourselves and liaise with groups in your community in a covert operation to hurt the occupier
7. Invoke your village and community to use traditional means now more than before e.g. The Bakossi community is good at this.
1. They must come together in unity in a show of love for motherland to carry on joint operations so as to hurt the occupier. Time to raise a Southern Cameroons army is now. It must not be a conventional army but you know this field better than some of us. Go for it.
Bloggers and social media actors
1. Verify any photo or video before sharing. For every fake image shared, we give foreign bodies to doubts true genuine pictures twice. Be very vigilant before sharing photos. Verify again and again.
2. The only objective must be to protect the Struggle. Kill any story which weakens spirits and takes us backwards.
3. Contact leaders behind, get their own sides before carrying a story. We glorify La Republique twice and give the enemy a voice when we continue watching our dirty dresses in public.
4. Sell the story positively. Pick only the positive sides of each newspaper, document, post to tell the story of our struggle.
5. Know which information to share. Always ask : How does this help the struggle ahead? Does it promote the occupier or not? Of course that does not mean objective criticism should be killed but mind always the use of language, headlines, captioned etc.
6. Motivate and encourage the people more in your post, live videos etc. Now is the time.
The Governing Council
1. Must as a matter of fact invest and take self defense, I mean active defense as the top priority. Foster the unity between defense groups
2. Social and Relief department must be swift in reaching out to bereaved families and those wounded.
3. Heavily step up and activate all contacts Diplomatically to show that genocide is ongoing
4. Get a division to document all videos and pictures of these attrocities
5. Prepare and submit applications for admission into other bodies in the world.
6. Look East and middle eastern countries for help and empowerment. Make deals and bomb the hell out of La Republique.
7. Empower communication department to do more in terms of communication. Short 5-6 minutes videos, posts, daily updates are important.
8. Identify bloggers and social media actors to help spread your message.
9. Invest and sponsor weekly sending of bulk messages with particular information ( twice a week). Remember satellite dishes are off and with no internet, information to our people are not really going.
10. GC members must remain focus and put Nations first. The people want to see leadership and not dirty politics.
Above all: Let us never forget how far we have come. Let us never forget the carnage on our people. Let us never forget the reasons we started this struggle. Let us continue to do what we must do until a genuine dialogue is called based on the root causes ( how this two Cameroons came about) after all the preconditions must have been met such as unconditionally releasing all from October 2016 till date.
The souls of hundreds of our people are still crying and weeping. Those of us lucky to be alive have as a duty to finish the job despite the carnage ongoing in our land.
Kofi Annan: His Death, SCNC, Biya, The West And Ambazonia
Kofi Annan: His Death, SCNC, Biya, The West And Ambazonia.
Kofi Annan, in memoriam
We have received news this morning of the passing away of Kofi Annan, a son of Ghana and Africa, a statesman of the world. We salute the memory of Kofi Annan who personally achieved many things, including recognition as a Nobel Peace laureate in 2001.
Kofi Annan brings up many memories for us. He worked for a negotiated settlement of the Bakassi conflict. Our forerunners in the struggle lobbied him intensely on case of the annexation of Southern Cameroons by La Republique du Cameroun. Mr Annan even visited Cameroun to discuss our situation. His advice to Biya to initiate negotiation failed.
Being a son of Africa, Annan hoped that Paul Biya will work with the SCNC and other groups to adjust the state peacefully and resolve the root cause of the problem. But he left and nothing changed. Biya duped him. Biya promised him that dialogue will ensue and Mr Annan played his own part of the bargain to not criticise LRC much, to give Cameroun the chance to fix its mess. Lai lai to lai lai, nothing happened. Biya pretended to listen. He ignored him. But sadly too, Kofi Annan had failed to learn from his past failure. As Under Secretary General of the UN in charge of peacekeeping operations, Annan had failed to stop the Rwandan genocide, in which 800,000 Tutsis and moderate Hutus were murdered in 100 days. Mr Annan was also in charge when 8,000 Moslems were massacred in a UN safe area by Serbian forces.
Mr Annan was to some extent let down by the West. But he did publicly recognised that he could have done more to prevent those dark moments from occurring in our world.
Fast forward two decades. Successive batches of UN and world leaders have failed to address the case of the Southern Cameroons. Here we are today – in conflict, our people being murdered by troops loyal to the man whom Kofi Annan trusted, our women being raped, a genocide developing in our land, hundreds of thousands of our people displaced.
Biya scammed Kofi. Unfortunately, the story of this bloody struggle would be insincere without stating the obvious failure of the one African who held the office that could have saved our people from this mess and also preserve the husbands of the several women who are now widows on LRC’s side.
But Mr Annan knows the value of independence. Speaking about Ghana’s independence to a group in 2012 in Canada, he declared, “I walked away as a young man believing change is possible, even radical revolutionary change.”
The people of #Ambazonia #SouthernCameroons should take the hint from Mr Annan’s quote above.
As we mourn a great statesman of the world, a son of Africa, the world should seize the opportunity to examine one of the burning issues where they failed to empower Koffi to resolve the annexation of Southern Cameroons Ambazonia by Cameroun which has now turned into conflict and Africa’s fastest growing humanitarian crisis.
Biya duped Kofi. We hope Antonio Guttieres will reflect on this.
The independence of Ambazonia is non negotiable.
Restoration Forces Arrest Extortionists In Bui
Restoration Forces Arrest Extortionists In Bui
BaretaNews sister platform Scandy Media is reporting that Restoration forces in Bui have arrested two notorious suspects for questioning.. Scandy Media mentioned that these two civilians were part of a gang operating in Bui moving from village to village, house to house terrorizing Ambazonians and at the same time collecting guns, huge sums of money, breaking into homes and stealing, threatening and blackmailing the population while addressing themselves as Amba Boys. The arrest of these individuals is part of the huge campaign by the ASC to root out those who have taken advantage of the God ordained revolution.
Scandy Media writes further:
“…The recent village has been Kitiwum precisely in Shukov kale where a family was attacked 2 days ago and a ransom asked if not their home would be set ablaze. Another women still in Kitiwum was attacked and kidnapped until 1 million was collected . Last two weeks we heard of similar incidents in kikaikom, and a week ago was Nseh…Our Restoration forces have been tracking down these groups and Scandy media has been reliably informed that there exist more than two of such groups as well as individuals calling themselves Amba boys.When ASC got the complains, they were obliged to share the self defense code of conduct to let our people know and understand that Ambazonian self defense forces do not kill their people, they protect them, they do not break into people’s homes, nor kidnap. They do not ask for ransom nor oblige people to give. People donate freely to them..”
BaretaNews adds that this phenomenon is seen also in Meme, Fako, Mbonge etc. Some civilians have taken upon themselves to pretend that they are Amba boys (Self Defense Forces), meanwhile they go about harassing the population. Just last week the ASC made known an email and phone numbers for people who are faced with this aspect to contact them so that legitimate self defense groups in that county can be contacted to track down those carrying out these illegal acts. We also understand that Yaounde through Atanga Nji have been using civilians to create fake groups.
It is the position of BaretaNews that this campaign must intensify in other areas, those caught MUST NOT BE SPARED. The revolution must again be sanitised of these agents of darkness from within and without us. In fact, the upcoming Washington, DC must come out with a white paper that creates a Restoration Police Force amongst the self defense forces whose job must be to ensure that this new found waves of harassment and extortion of our people comes to an end.
In a war like ours, these things are bound to happen as rule of law breaks down, however, it is our responsibility, especially the restoration forces to Ensure that these acts are brought to a bare minimum or not in existence at all.The state of our revolution is strong.
Yaoundé Terrorist Forces Declare Full Scale War on Hospitals & Medical Personnel in Ambazonia
Yaoundé Terrorist Forces Declare Full Scale War on Hospitals & Medical Personnel in Ambazonia
The war declared by the colonial President of Cameroun, Paul Biya, on the people of Southern Cameroons continue to escalate, with the terrorist forces of French Cameroon intensifying their genocidal atrocities on the innocent people. If the activities of the past week are anything to go by, then it wouldn’t be wrong to conclude that the terrorist colonial regime through it foot soldiers in Ambazonia has declared war on hospitals and medical personnel.
The week saw multiple targeted attacks on medical infrastructure and personnel in different localities across the war tone territory by the Yaoundé trained terrorists. This of course led to loss of lives and destruction of medical facilities and properties.
It all began some two months ago with when the Yaoundé terrorists attack and ransacked a local health unit in Ikiliwindi, Meme County, Southern Zone of Ambazonia, destroying the facility and manhandling the staff present. Their crime was that, they were allegedly offering their services to wounded Ambazonian Independence Restoration fighters. Today, the health facility is abandoned and the local population have resorted to traditional medical practices.
The next point of attack by the terrorists was the Government Integrated Heath Unit in Bafia, Muyuka local government of Fako County. The French Cameroun terrorist had attacked the facility shooting heavily with machine guns targeting hospitalized citizens and staff. Many patients and staff were wounded as they scamper for safety, while those who could not run gave themselves to fate. The medical facility now lies in ruins as the personnel have joined other residents in the bushes as they run for their lives.
Hospital personnel in Lebialem have also come under repeated attacks from the colonial terrorists, with the arrest and brutal murder of a popular nurse in a popular Catholic Mission hospital in the county. Other hospital workers in that county have all deserted their work stations and now seek refuge in the cities of Kumba and Buea.
Last week, still in the Southern Zone, a local government health unit in Mbonge, Meme County, the colonial terrorists attacked and burned down an integrated health unit. A sick victim who was unable to get up from his hospital bed and run for safety was burned to dead. The crime of the facility and its managers is that they have been allegedly treating wounded Ambazonian fighters.
The situation is not different in the Northern Zone of Ambazonia. In Belo, Boyo County. Colonial terrorists have in multiple occasions attacked and harassed staff of the Mbingo Baptist hospital on grounds that they have been secretly offering their services to Ambazonian fighters.
The Batibo District Hospital is also said to have been shut down with staff on the run after the colonialists invaded the hospital brutalizing patients and staff, and accusing them of treating restoration forces. Other local health centers within the Momo County have also been shut down, while some have been completely burned down to ashes.
In Mbengwi, In Mbengwi, still in Momo County, a medical doctor identified as Njong Patrick and his wife Azah Nancy, a nurse were executed by the Biya forces in ISIS style, as they returned from work on a Motobike. The murdered health personnel were heads two different medical facilities. The Acha Tugi Hospital, which is the biggest hospital in Momo County and managed by the Presbyterian Church in Cameroon has also been deserted by staff after the colonial terrorists invade the facility seeking to arrest staff and patients with gunshot wounds.
In one of the most recent cases an ambulance transporting patients between Mbingo Baptist Hospital and the Bamenda General Hospital was targeted by colonial terrorist and spayed with bullets leaving a nurse seriously injured. The Nurse according to sources is still receiving treatment in a local hospital in Bamenda.
” It very fortunate that the shootings started when the bus was on its way from Mbingo after patients had been deposited. The casualties would have been more,” a source told a local television Equinox tv.
Since the beginning of the senseless war, many young men with gunshot wounds uptrained during the peaceful protests of September 22, and October 1st 2017 have been pulled out of hospital beds and executed on grounds that they are Ambazonian fighters.
It is therefore not only a war against the sovereign people of Ambazonia, the terrorist regime is going further to attacked institutions protected under International Law during the periods of war.
In the face of all these, one can only ask; even if these health facilities are offering services to Ambazonian fighters, what is wrong in them offering these services? Don’t they have the right to offer treatment to any wounded individual during a war like this?
Why have the colonial terrorists been going to these same hospitals for treatment when they are also wounded? A good numbr of them are offered first aid treatment in some of these hospitals before being ferried to their territories of Douala and Yaoundé through helicopters.
Let the colonial terrorists continue with their war crimes, with the hope that it will weaken the Ambazonian people to give up the revolution. They fail, this is a do or die movement. It is unstoppable and the people have made up their minds to live free or die. Ambazonia shall not only be free, but the colonial regime shall pay a heavy price for all these destruction after the revolution.
BaretaNews Political Analyst
- Politics11 months ago
Southern Cameroons October 1st Massacre: Cohabitation Is Done
- Breaking News10 months ago
Exclusive: General Ivo May Have Defected The Cameroun Army- Source
- Breaking News7 months ago
Ambazonia President, 9 Others Arrested In Nigeria, BaretaNews Condemns
- Breaking News12 months ago
Breaking News: United Nations Offers Its Office To Mediate In Dialogue
- News11 months ago
Civil society in South Africa picks the Southern Cameroons Case
- News12 months ago
Cardinal Tumi Comes Out: Says No Union Between Both Cameroons, Says Foumban Conference Were Wine Drinkers
- News1 year ago
UN Calls On Biya To Address The Root Cause Of the “Anglophone Problem”
- News11 months ago
AU on October 1st Genocide: Calls For Respect of borders at Independence