Connect with us

Breaking News

EXCLUSIVE!!! How Ekema Patrick Paid Millions To Shield Prosecution Over Certificate Scam

Published

on

 

 

 

 

 

Ekema Patrick Esunge, intellectually thieving Mayor of Buea, has succeeded to obstruct justice over his fake certificate saga. BaretaNews has it on good authority that the larcenous fellow, whose highbrow thieving mechanism was unmasked recently, has now succeeded to bribe his way out of judicial punishment.

According to an authoritative source at the Buea Council, Ekema Patrick Esunge, has paid millions to corrupt judicial authorities in buea, to prevent any legal battle against his thin skin. The source indicated that even after the University of Buea revoked Ekema’s degrees, leaving him vulnerable to judicial proceedings, the highflyer scammer, would not be sanctioned by the law.

“I wanted to inform you that Ekema (Patrick) has given the judiciary a lot of money. The investigator CPP Noundou finished investigation a month ago. Till date no charge has been proffered against him. The relationship Ekema had with the former Procureur General has worsened matter. Maureen Chibili, who served as the Acting Procureur General for some time before the appointment of the new one last week, received huge pay from Ekema. She’s the one working hard to prevent Ekema from being prosecuted,” our source said.

Corroborating this claim, another source in Buea told BaretaNews that the judiciary in Buea is playing the scheming-game so they would not prosecute Ekema.

“l fail to understand why Ekema cannot be prosecuted under the pretext that the hard copy of the fake Advanced level cannot be found.

CPP Noundou already submitted the file at the legal department. Maureen Chibili said they cannot draft any charge because there is no incriminating evidence to use. How did the university arrive at their own conclusion? lt was based on information on their software showing that he had a C grade in French. The hard copy is the one he (Ekema) pulled out once he sensed danger. The university can be subpoenaed to appear in court and tender their own evidence. In that case the university will be forced to print the softcopy and tender to show that he made use of a false document,” our source said.

Section 163 of the Common Law Code says whoever commits any fraud, or any other degree, or qualification issued by the State or by a public service, whether national or foreign shall be punished with imprisonment for (one) month to 3 (three) years or fine from CFAF 25,000 (twenty-five thousand) to CFAF 2,000,000 (two million), or with both such imprisonment and fine.

By Lucas Muma,

Managing Editor – BaretaNews

Up Next

IG Acting President to Appoint 13 Governors

Don't Miss

War Crimes Alert: Camerounese Soldiers Torture Medic, Destroy Health Centre in Ambazonia

Advertisement
3 Comments

3 Comments

  1. Dinga Ron

    April 11, 2018 at 11:46 PM

    Hes not going to jail at this time so get over it and focus on more important stuff. We going to Buea.

  2. George

    April 12, 2018 at 4:43 AM

    There is no need to bring him in front of a banana republic court. We get him and he is going to face trial for murder and corruption.

  3. MOG

    April 18, 2018 at 12:40 PM

    He is a public thief and disgrace already! To take him to the Courts of LRC is just a waste of time because they will not disgrace or punish him further, especially as he is a very strong supporter of their course to exterminate the the Ambas. They would have an argument to make. Who has ever been dragged to court for fake certificates? I know of another Mayor in the NWR who fake a certificate as a medical doctor and was in charge of a hospital; he wasted the lives of many people. The government investigated and discovered this but only removed him. He was never taken to court, also because he was well connected and a strong supporter of LRC.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Breaking News

Stubborn Ekema Once Again Threatens Buea Business Community, Provokes Another Instability

Published

on

 

 

 

 

The stubborn Mayor of Buea Municipality has issued another communique threatening the Buea business community that their business places shall be sealed if they listen to any Ghost town calls from those he termed “certain individuals”. This call reminds the people of his boastful supervision of Ghost towns in Buea wherein he was no where to be found leading to heavy casualties on the sides of La Republique Du Cameroun military. This call is coming at a time ghost town fever has gripped the entire Southern Cameroons-Ambazonia. Is Ekema and Cameroun military trying to set a trap for Southern Cameroons Restoration Forces to visit Buea on Monday again? Is it that he hates when Denizens in Buea are without gun shots? The future is pregnant.

Ekema’s Letter

It should be recalled that just two weeks ago Patrick Ekema caused the death of 6 policemen in Buea Municipality when he ran his mouth over many TV stations, print media insinuating that Ghost towns in his municipality must come to a halt. As a result, Southern Cameroons Restoration Forces were out visiting Buea to make sure no one listens to the Mayor. As a result of this provocation, a gun battle between Restoration forces and La Republique Du Cameroun military led to the death of 6 police officers. Popular opinions hold that like other areas, should the mayor not provoked the restoration forces with his claims, ghost towns should have been observed with all serenity. Political commentators now think that Mayor Ekema is deliberately causing instability in Buea.

Worthy of note is that Ghost towns have been running for almost two years now. It’s the people’s civil disobedience day wherein all shops, businesses and transports remain shut down across the entire Southern Cameroons. Will the people of Buea listen to Mayor Ekema this time around? Monday 23rd July shall speak for itself. As for this platform, we continue to call on every Southern Cameroonians to observe this day.

Mark Bareta

Continue Reading

Breaking News

The Murder of Felix Ngang: The Thieves Spoke French

Published

on

 

 

 

 

 

The Murder of Felix Ngang: The Thieves Spoke French

 

Southern Cameroonians got up this morning today July, 18 2018 very shocked of the passing away of Felix Ngang, proprietor Of Miss Bright Hotel Buea. He passed on last night after he was visited and attacked by thieves.

Eyewitness reports have that Mr. Felix Ngang, proprietor of Miss Bright Hotel was never shot. He was attacked by thieves who spoke entirely in French. They hit him on the neck, signs show. An attempt to jump through a back widow on the balcony of the first floor, he poorly fell and injured his head. Denizens rushed him to the hospital where he gave up the ghost as a result of internal bleeding.

Though BaretaNews cannot still independently verify this as this is still a developing story, however, this is what most Denizens in Bomaka, a local government area in Fako County are saying according to multiple reports.

It should be noted that Mr. Felix who is originally from Mandenkwe in the Northern zone is a bonafide Soppo boy married to a queen from the Manyu County who is presently in the United States due birth of their new baby. Mr. Felix had won the contract to build Kumba University and was supposed to be flying to the states in few days time to meet his wife and family.

The thieves who had a mission had cut his life short. There is more to this that meets the eyes. We continue to ask God to receive his soul and give his killers no rest until justice is done.

Mark Bareta

Continue Reading

Breaking News

Malian Government, Amnesty Int’l Isolate LRC Over Military Extrajudicial Killings

Published

on

Extrajudicial killings

The Malian Government has issued a press release debunking attribution of an arbitrary execution attributed to its army, Forces Armées Maliennes, (FAMAs) portrayed in a video that has gone viral online.
The Statement debunking the video was issued on Saturday July 12, following a massive outrage from human rights organisations operating in the country and the international community. The video depicts hooded women with children on their backs being executed by members of a regular military force.

The action which was described as horrendous is attributed to the military of La Republique du Cameroun (LRC) fighting Boko Haram in the Far North. LRC’s Communication Minister and Government Spokesman, Issa Tchiroma Bakary had refuted allegations, attributing it to the Sahelian country.
Reacting to the gruesome killings, Malian authorities point out that it “is the same footage which has sparked a heated debate in a Central African country attributing these deeds to Mali’s Armed Forces,” while stating that it is a ploy to soil the image of their nation and destabilise internal activities within their territory.

LRC Carried-out the Extrajudicial Killings Amnesty Int’l

Meantime, the human rights non-governmental organisation, Amnesty International, AI, has said credible evidence shows that the LRC military personnel is responsible for the shocking extrajudicial executions caught on video in the Far North
Region.
An investigation by their experts, according to them, gathered credible evidence that it was LRC soldiers in the video carrying out the horrific extrajudicial execution of two women and two young children.
Extensive analysis of the weapons, dialogue and uniforms that feature on the video, according to AI, paired with digital verification techniques and testimonies taken from the ground, all strongly suggest that the perpetrators of the executions are LRC soldiers.
“The Camerounian authorities’ initial claim that this shocking video is fake simply doesn’t stand up for scrutiny. We can provide credible evidence to the contrary. Given the gravity of these horrific acts-the cold-blooded and calculated slaughter of women and young children – these hasty and dismissive denials cast serious doubt
over whether any investigation will be genuine,”said Samira Daoud, Deputy Director of AI, West African Office.
The video, according to AI, shows the soldiers using Galil and Kalashnikov-style
rifles.
“While AK-type weapons are common, the Galil, the weapon specifically used in the execution, is comparatively rare and distinctive. The Small Arms Survey lists the Galil as only ‘occasional’ in sub-Saharan Africa among Governments, and as unknown among State actors. The only force in the area carrying Galils are a small subset of the Cameroon Army,” the report stated.
The master corporal’s uniform, to AI, is a tiger stripe pattern that is standard among LRC regular army.
“The other soldiers are wearing black shirts and green-and-black woodland pants. While the Ministry of Communication claims that the mixed and causal nature of the uniforms indicates a lack of authenticity. AI investigators have found the opposite. Mixed and partial uniforms are common among personnel, especially in remote areas where this incident took place. Soldiers in the Far North Region wearing casual flip-flops and T-shirts as
well as mix of tiger stripe print and woodland print can be clearly seen in the videos,” AI’s report explained.
Before AI’s report, the Minister of Communication, Tchiroma, had organised a press conference debunking the
video as fake.
“In this vein of overt conspiracy, the video that is currently going around is nothing but an unfortunate attempt to
distort actual facts and intoxicate the public. Its sincerity can be easily questioned, with regard to the factual elements contained in this horrible trick play, with voices coarsely affixed to visual sequences,” he said.
The video, according to Tchiroma, is another instance of gross misinformation whereby the alleged facts have nothing to do with the work of the Defense and Security Forces within the framework of the missions entrusted to them. AI, however, at the end of its report, said it is imperative that a proper impartial investigation is undertaken and those responsible for these abhorrent acts are brought to justice.

It should be noted that, such extrajudicial killings have become some sort of normalcy in Ambazonia, as LRC military maim, kill, and burn people’s property almost on daily basis. Unfortunately, the world continue to remain mute, amidst the huge atrocities LRC continue to commit in Ambazonia. Pundits hope that with this new evidence of LRC soldiers caught on camera carrying out such barbaric acts, the international community will input financial and economic sanction on LRC.

Watch full video below:

Cameroon military extrajudicial execution of women and children. Most horrendous act to watch. – YouTube

 

By Lucas Muma,

Managing Editor – Baretanews

Continue Reading

Donate

Subscribe to BaretaNews via Email

The People's Platform. Help us serve you better. Subscribe now. Thank you.

Advertisement
Advertisement

Archives

Advertisement

Most Popular

SUBSCRIBE & SUPPORT

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Support BaretaNews by making a small donation to sponsor our activities.