SNJC PRESS RELEASE
The National Executive of the Cameroon Journalists Trade Union CJTU after an extraordinary meeting in Douala this Thursday, November 8, 2018, decides as follows:
1. – That Journalists and Media organs should boycott all activities of the Government for 10 days starting this day November 8, 2018.
2. That all Regional Offices must meet on November 12 to take instructions and plan of action from the National Executive.
3. That the Littoral Chapter Executive Bureau of CJTU must mobilize all members to be present at the Littoral Military Court on Monday, November 12, 2018, at the first hearing of Mimi Mefo.
4. That the Littoral Chapter of CJTU should put in place a permanent assistance plan for Mimi Mefo at the Douala/New Bell.
5. CJTU calls on Government to release Mimi MEFO without any preconditions and to take all necessary measures to improve on the relationship between journalists and state institutions.
6. CJTU calls on all Cameroonian journalists In the meantime to refrain from any unnecessary and isolated actions.
7. The National Executive of CJTU reminds all her members that CJTU acts in accordance with the International labour Conventions and the laws of the Republic.
Done in Douala
This 8th Day of November, 2018
For the National Executive Bureau
President Denis Nkwebo
Vice President in charge of Gender
Marion OBAM epse Mahel