11 Wartime Safety Measures For Ambazonian Communities and Citizens
We need to say this over and over, multiply calls to ground zero, use social media, radio and TV to educate Ambazonians on how to survive during this time of war. Most Ambazonians have never lived in a war zone before. They were not prepared for war before it was declared and imposed on them in November 2017. They lack basic knowledge on what to do during war. Some lives that have been lost so far could have been saved if proper measures were taken. Some valuables could have been salvaged too had they been given some basic guides like these modest ones I would like to share below, even without being a crisis management expert or veteran in warfare.
- A community LRC-Raid Siren: Just like most countries have a war siren, air-raid siren, natural disaster siren, ambulance siren, etc. our communities should have one that signals the arrival of soldiers of La Republique du Cameroun in the village or small town. Since we don’t have the technology to operate a sophisticated siren we can use local tools that we master well such as: Drums, whistles, horns or popular screaming sounds like Wulelelele! Each community will have to agree on one alert sound. Even animals have this method to protect themselves from danger. In villages this can really save lives because while the invaders burn down one compound, other villagers will have some time to go into hiding or prepare for self-defense.
- Community bunkers: A bunker is a protective embankment or dugout. It might not be as technologically advanced as those in developed countries but in some of our villages like in Lebialem, nature has provided us with good bunkers fortified with solid rocks. Caves near streams, under waterfalls, in the mountains are the best. Visit them when the village is peaceful and furnish them with necessary items. Reserve bunkers for the elderly, women and children. Even when the invader will move from using fire to bombs these bunkers will minimize the impact.
- Build a farmhouse now: If you don’t have one build it now. Choose a well-hidden farm, build a hut there and make your trusted family and friends know it and how to get to it. Stock it with necessary items. When there is a raid in town or pending, send the elderly, women and children to live there even before the enemy strikes.
- Escape routes: This is something our people master very well and I don’t need to talk much on it but there is something else known as a decoy route. It is a path that leads the enemy to nowhere or away from those we intend to protect. So if the community bunker is near the village stream for example, during a raid, the invader should be led to a different direction, for example to the Fon’s palace. A decoy route is also used to lead an enemy into a trap.
- Blocking or slowing down reinforcements: This is not a duty reserved only for restoration fighters. Any civilian can do it especially those living in very enclave areas. We all know when reinforcements from La Republique du Cameroun are on the way. It’s usually when one of their men is injured, trapped, taken hostage or dead. Once any of that happens, expect reinforcements in the next 24hours. Examples of such techniques: road speed bumps, speed bumps with sharp nails, trenches across roads, trees felled across roads, boulders rolled onto the roads. Choose the spot carefully making sure there is no way around it and set up an ambush around the blockade.
- Emergency travel bag: Keep an emergency travel bag already packed throughout this time of war. Such a bag is usually not too big and should be convenient to carry like a backpack. Pack extremely necessary items such as: a lighter, flashlight, a knife, water, some cash, passport or ID card, originals of certificates and other important documents, a First Aid box, a twine, dried food and other items as considered fit. Keep the bag as light as possible. You can have several of these bags in a way that every grown up in the family has one. Keep your emergency travel bag at a safe and trusted place other than your home if you can. Remember when the enemy strikes, it might be directly at your home while you are away.
- Dress for adverse conditions: Choose your clothing carefully as you prepare to flee. Raincoats, sweaters, jeans, boots or sports shoes are highly recommended and avoid flashy colorful clothing. Green brown and dark are recommended colors for hiding in the bushes. Ladies avoid clothing that makes you weak and vulnerable to the invader. Don’t have a mini skirt and high heels on when you have to run. Dress preventively.
- Keep money handy: In wartime you don’t keep your money in any bank, credit union or njangi group because you don’t know the future. Keep your money in cash with you. You will need it. When the invader strikes, be it on a Sunday or on a working day, you don’t need to be trapped because you need to go somewhere to withdraw cash. You should be ready to go whether it means hiring a bike, car or leaving the country. If you want to hide money away from home make sure it is in plastic bags.
- Move your valuable items now: We all know that the enemy is using the scorched earth war tactics. Don’t wait to cry over your belongings. You can move them to a save location now. These valuable items include: Expensive appliances, electronics, jewelry, furniture, livestock and cash. If you have a trusted chief, move your items to his palace. If you don’t move them to the bunker or another safe location. This will minimize the loss when soldiers of La Republique du Cameroun burn down the village.
- Your cellphone could get you killed: Many of our people don’t know that the cellphones they have are traceable. Your cellphone or laptop is traceable especially when it is on. Every picture or video you upload online has a digital footprint. In fact it is on that basis that Issa Tchiroma declared recently that La Republique du Cameroun knew all the hideouts of Ambazonians and it was only a matter of time before they were attacked. Clean up or reset your social media profiles. La Republique du Cameroun agents are on facebook, twitter, instagram etc. If you are a restoration fighter, be cautious. When you are in total hiding, turn off your cellphone or laptop. It is more difficult to trace a device that is turned off than one that is on. In as much as you want to stay online, be careful.
- Be your neighbor’s keeper: If you know and practice all the tips above one last thing you have to do is educate your family, friends and neighbors. It’s a collective thing. Individually it won’t work. So, tell your family, friends and neighbors about your plans, your bunker, your escape routes, etc. You could be saving their lives too or that could help them save your life.
Hopefully these tips will be helpful to you reading and you will understand that warfare is a unique context very few have experienced. I also hope that activists of the revolution and media in Ambazonia like SCBC and SCAN Radio can include these tips in some of their programs so that the people of Ambazonia can learn how to live during war. Prevention is better than cure. We don’t have to all leave Ambazonia because the invader is there. If we all leave Ambazonia as they wish, the invader wins. We have to stay in Ambazonia and rather make the invader leave. The tips above can help us stay in win while staying in Ambazonia.
Kofi Annan: His Death, SCNC, Biya, The West And Ambazonia
Kofi Annan: His Death, SCNC, Biya, The West And Ambazonia.
Kofi Annan, in memoriam
We have received news this morning of the passing away of Kofi Annan, a son of Ghana and Africa, a statesman of the world. We salute the memory of Kofi Annan who personally achieved many things, including recognition as a Nobel Peace laureate in 2001.
Kofi Annan brings up many memories for us. He worked for a negotiated settlement of the Bakassi conflict. Our forerunners in the struggle lobbied him intensely on case of the annexation of Southern Cameroons by La Republique du Cameroun. Mr Annan even visited Cameroun to discuss our situation. His advice to Biya to initiate negotiation failed.
Being a son of Africa, Annan hoped that Paul Biya will work with the SCNC and other groups to adjust the state peacefully and resolve the root cause of the problem. But he left and nothing changed. Biya duped him. Biya promised him that dialogue will ensue and Mr Annan played his own part of the bargain to not criticise LRC much, to give Cameroun the chance to fix its mess. Lai lai to lai lai, nothing happened. Biya pretended to listen. He ignored him. But sadly too, Kofi Annan had failed to learn from his past failure. As Under Secretary General of the UN in charge of peacekeeping operations, Annan had failed to stop the Rwandan genocide, in which 800,000 Tutsis and moderate Hutus were murdered in 100 days. Mr Annan was also in charge when 8,000 Moslems were massacred in a UN safe area by Serbian forces.
Mr Annan was to some extent let down by the West. But he did publicly recognised that he could have done more to prevent those dark moments from occurring in our world.
Fast forward two decades. Successive batches of UN and world leaders have failed to address the case of the Southern Cameroons. Here we are today – in conflict, our people being murdered by troops loyal to the man whom Kofi Annan trusted, our women being raped, a genocide developing in our land, hundreds of thousands of our people displaced.
Biya scammed Kofi. Unfortunately, the story of this bloody struggle would be insincere without stating the obvious failure of the one African who held the office that could have saved our people from this mess and also preserve the husbands of the several women who are now widows on LRC’s side.
But Mr Annan knows the value of independence. Speaking about Ghana’s independence to a group in 2012 in Canada, he declared, “I walked away as a young man believing change is possible, even radical revolutionary change.”
The people of #Ambazonia #SouthernCameroons should take the hint from Mr Annan’s quote above.
As we mourn a great statesman of the world, a son of Africa, the world should seize the opportunity to examine one of the burning issues where they failed to empower Koffi to resolve the annexation of Southern Cameroons Ambazonia by Cameroun which has now turned into conflict and Africa’s fastest growing humanitarian crisis.
Biya duped Kofi. We hope Antonio Guttieres will reflect on this.
The independence of Ambazonia is non negotiable.
Restoration Forces Arrest Extortionists In Bui
Restoration Forces Arrest Extortionists In Bui
BaretaNews sister platform Scandy Media is reporting that Restoration forces in Bui have arrested two notorious suspects for questioning.. Scandy Media mentioned that these two civilians were part of a gang operating in Bui moving from village to village, house to house terrorizing Ambazonians and at the same time collecting guns, huge sums of money, breaking into homes and stealing, threatening and blackmailing the population while addressing themselves as Amba Boys. The arrest of these individuals is part of the huge campaign by the ASC to root out those who have taken advantage of the God ordained revolution.
Scandy Media writes further:
“…The recent village has been Kitiwum precisely in Shukov kale where a family was attacked 2 days ago and a ransom asked if not their home would be set ablaze. Another women still in Kitiwum was attacked and kidnapped until 1 million was collected . Last two weeks we heard of similar incidents in kikaikom, and a week ago was Nseh…Our Restoration forces have been tracking down these groups and Scandy media has been reliably informed that there exist more than two of such groups as well as individuals calling themselves Amba boys.When ASC got the complains, they were obliged to share the self defense code of conduct to let our people know and understand that Ambazonian self defense forces do not kill their people, they protect them, they do not break into people’s homes, nor kidnap. They do not ask for ransom nor oblige people to give. People donate freely to them..”
BaretaNews adds that this phenomenon is seen also in Meme, Fako, Mbonge etc. Some civilians have taken upon themselves to pretend that they are Amba boys (Self Defense Forces), meanwhile they go about harassing the population. Just last week the ASC made known an email and phone numbers for people who are faced with this aspect to contact them so that legitimate self defense groups in that county can be contacted to track down those carrying out these illegal acts. We also understand that Yaounde through Atanga Nji have been using civilians to create fake groups.
It is the position of BaretaNews that this campaign must intensify in other areas, those caught MUST NOT BE SPARED. The revolution must again be sanitised of these agents of darkness from within and without us. In fact, the upcoming Washington, DC must come out with a white paper that creates a Restoration Police Force amongst the self defense forces whose job must be to ensure that this new found waves of harassment and extortion of our people comes to an end.
In a war like ours, these things are bound to happen as rule of law breaks down, however, it is our responsibility, especially the restoration forces to Ensure that these acts are brought to a bare minimum or not in existence at all.The state of our revolution is strong.
Yaoundé Terrorist Forces Declare Full Scale War on Hospitals & Medical Personnel in Ambazonia
Yaoundé Terrorist Forces Declare Full Scale War on Hospitals & Medical Personnel in Ambazonia
The war declared by the colonial President of Cameroun, Paul Biya, on the people of Southern Cameroons continue to escalate, with the terrorist forces of French Cameroon intensifying their genocidal atrocities on the innocent people. If the activities of the past week are anything to go by, then it wouldn’t be wrong to conclude that the terrorist colonial regime through it foot soldiers in Ambazonia has declared war on hospitals and medical personnel.
The week saw multiple targeted attacks on medical infrastructure and personnel in different localities across the war tone territory by the Yaoundé trained terrorists. This of course led to loss of lives and destruction of medical facilities and properties.
It all began some two months ago with when the Yaoundé terrorists attack and ransacked a local health unit in Ikiliwindi, Meme County, Southern Zone of Ambazonia, destroying the facility and manhandling the staff present. Their crime was that, they were allegedly offering their services to wounded Ambazonian Independence Restoration fighters. Today, the health facility is abandoned and the local population have resorted to traditional medical practices.
The next point of attack by the terrorists was the Government Integrated Heath Unit in Bafia, Muyuka local government of Fako County. The French Cameroun terrorist had attacked the facility shooting heavily with machine guns targeting hospitalized citizens and staff. Many patients and staff were wounded as they scamper for safety, while those who could not run gave themselves to fate. The medical facility now lies in ruins as the personnel have joined other residents in the bushes as they run for their lives.
Hospital personnel in Lebialem have also come under repeated attacks from the colonial terrorists, with the arrest and brutal murder of a popular nurse in a popular Catholic Mission hospital in the county. Other hospital workers in that county have all deserted their work stations and now seek refuge in the cities of Kumba and Buea.
Last week, still in the Southern Zone, a local government health unit in Mbonge, Meme County, the colonial terrorists attacked and burned down an integrated health unit. A sick victim who was unable to get up from his hospital bed and run for safety was burned to dead. The crime of the facility and its managers is that they have been allegedly treating wounded Ambazonian fighters.
The situation is not different in the Northern Zone of Ambazonia. In Belo, Boyo County. Colonial terrorists have in multiple occasions attacked and harassed staff of the Mbingo Baptist hospital on grounds that they have been secretly offering their services to Ambazonian fighters.
The Batibo District Hospital is also said to have been shut down with staff on the run after the colonialists invaded the hospital brutalizing patients and staff, and accusing them of treating restoration forces. Other local health centers within the Momo County have also been shut down, while some have been completely burned down to ashes.
In Mbengwi, In Mbengwi, still in Momo County, a medical doctor identified as Njong Patrick and his wife Azah Nancy, a nurse were executed by the Biya forces in ISIS style, as they returned from work on a Motobike. The murdered health personnel were heads two different medical facilities. The Acha Tugi Hospital, which is the biggest hospital in Momo County and managed by the Presbyterian Church in Cameroon has also been deserted by staff after the colonial terrorists invade the facility seeking to arrest staff and patients with gunshot wounds.
In one of the most recent cases an ambulance transporting patients between Mbingo Baptist Hospital and the Bamenda General Hospital was targeted by colonial terrorist and spayed with bullets leaving a nurse seriously injured. The Nurse according to sources is still receiving treatment in a local hospital in Bamenda.
” It very fortunate that the shootings started when the bus was on its way from Mbingo after patients had been deposited. The casualties would have been more,” a source told a local television Equinox tv.
Since the beginning of the senseless war, many young men with gunshot wounds uptrained during the peaceful protests of September 22, and October 1st 2017 have been pulled out of hospital beds and executed on grounds that they are Ambazonian fighters.
It is therefore not only a war against the sovereign people of Ambazonia, the terrorist regime is going further to attacked institutions protected under International Law during the periods of war.
In the face of all these, one can only ask; even if these health facilities are offering services to Ambazonian fighters, what is wrong in them offering these services? Don’t they have the right to offer treatment to any wounded individual during a war like this?
Why have the colonial terrorists been going to these same hospitals for treatment when they are also wounded? A good numbr of them are offered first aid treatment in some of these hospitals before being ferried to their territories of Douala and Yaoundé through helicopters.
Let the colonial terrorists continue with their war crimes, with the hope that it will weaken the Ambazonian people to give up the revolution. They fail, this is a do or die movement. It is unstoppable and the people have made up their minds to live free or die. Ambazonia shall not only be free, but the colonial regime shall pay a heavy price for all these destruction after the revolution.
BaretaNews Political Analyst
- Politics11 months ago
Southern Cameroons October 1st Massacre: Cohabitation Is Done
- Breaking News10 months ago
Exclusive: General Ivo May Have Defected The Cameroun Army- Source
- Breaking News7 months ago
Ambazonia President, 9 Others Arrested In Nigeria, BaretaNews Condemns
- Breaking News12 months ago
Breaking News: United Nations Offers Its Office To Mediate In Dialogue
- News11 months ago
Civil society in South Africa picks the Southern Cameroons Case
- News12 months ago
Cardinal Tumi Comes Out: Says No Union Between Both Cameroons, Says Foumban Conference Were Wine Drinkers
- News1 year ago
UN Calls On Biya To Address The Root Cause Of the “Anglophone Problem”
- News11 months ago
AU on October 1st Genocide: Calls For Respect of borders at Independence