Breaking News! US Diplomat: Biya offers to negotiate with Anglophone separatist!
US diplomat Herman J. Cohen who served as United States Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs from 1989 to 1993 and brokered an end to the Eritrean-Ethiopian War has tweeted a vital piece of information concerning the ongoing crisis in cameroon. This diplomat opines that Biya has offered to negotiate with Anglophone Separatists: Tweets Read
[#Cameroon President Biya’s offer to negotiate with Anglophone separatists is welcome New Year’s news. I recommend that he request mediation assistance from US State Department”]
This tweet is a pointer of how issues are developing behind the curtains to fix a lasting solution on the anglophone crisis in cameroon Cohen’s publication the Mind of the African Strongman, is now available in bookstores in South Africa and online at Amazon.
- Nforgue James I have always admire his works and the pathway he always takes to fine justice for most struggling African nations. I hope the best possible minds of SC will sit on one table now as one, contact great nations like the US , Canada , Germany, UK and possible the likes of Some other top diplomats Set out points on how to approach such a negotiation bc Biya will come hard on that table . This is a great news to begin the yr with
- Don Dinga He must have misunderstood Biya New Years Speech where he says he will continue to dialogue with chosen friends.
- Jimmy Tonga He misunderstood what Biya said. Unless this declaration was made behind the curtains, I don’t believe. Instead Biya has passed to a higher level of oppression and the killing machinery is taking lives at an unprecedented rate. The world is not serious
- Bara Bareta I am sure he has some information we do not have because if his intel lies in Biya’s provocative 1st January speech then he missed it and got fooled. But again, in diplomacy, many things are said behind the scenes that we do not know. What if Biya just decided to come out powerfully to show strength to his Camerounese? However, Biya may be playing a fast one in the international community to reduce the pressures on him. This is someone who said he will neutralised all those who refused to drop their arms. As far as we are concerned, the Ambazonia war of independence must intensify without allowing this information to distract us..
- Jimmy Tonga Whatever the case, Biya will negotiate at one point.